Bethel Community Church is an evangelical, non-denominational Church. As part of the Body of Christ, we seek to benefit the people of the Greater St. Louis are by providing opportunities for spiritual, physical, intellectual, social, and cultural development (Luke 2:52).
We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
- Evangelism/Missions - Sharing the good news of Jesus Christ in our community and throughout the world (Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, 2 Peter 3:9).
- Education - Helping Christians to develop toward maturity and effective ministry. To promote personal, spiritual growth, and discipleship through Bible teaching (Ephesians 4:11-13, 2 Timothy 2:2).
- Worship - Participating in public worship and maintaining personal daily devotions to God (John 4:24).
- Ministry/Service - Serving unselfishly in meeting physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those in our Church, community, and in the world (1 Peter 4:10-11, Matthew 25:34-40, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Galatians 5:13).
- Fellowship - Encouraging, supporting, and praying for one another as members of God's family; Sharing our lives together (1 John 1:7, Acts 2:44-47, Hebrews 10:23-25, Romans 15:5,7, John 13:34-35).
Our Core Values:
(What is most important to us)
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Leading Lost People to Christ
- Spiritual Maturity: developing people to become Christ-like
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going
(How we do ministry)
- Loving Relationships: Acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Authenticity: being real and genuine, living without hypocrisy, casualness with reverence
- Small Groups for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Enthusiasm: enjoying God and one another with fun and laughter
- Strengthening Families along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership